Not everyone realizes that when you pay a speeding ticket or other traffic citation, you plead guilty to the offense. Many men and women who pay without talking to an attorney regret that choice later, most commonly because of the total financial consequences and impact on driving privileges.
At the Law Offices of J. Darren Byers, P.A., in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, we help people make the best decisions possible when faced with a range of traffic violations, from speeding to DWI. For experienced counsel aimed at minimizing the consequences, please contact us. Your initial consultation will be free, and we will offer a straightforward assessment of your case.
DWI Defense — Speeding Tickets — Serious Moving Violations
If you have been charged with an offense such as driving while impaired (DWI) or driving after revocation, it is essential to work with an attorney experienced in handling traffic violations and criminal defense.
Having a lawyer help with your case can be important for many traffic violations, including:
- Speeding tickets — which carry penalties including driver’s license suspension and consequences such as greatly increased insurance rates (doubled, tripled or worse)
- Driving under revocation or with a suspended license
- Failure to Stop at Red Light or Stop Sign
- Failure to move over for a law enforcement or emergency vehicle
- Passing a School Bus
- Careless and Reckless Driving
- No Operators License
- No Insurance or No Registration
An Experienced Lawyer for Driving Record “Repair”
In addition to negotiating for reductions and minimized consequences on traffic violations, attorney J.D. Byers helps many people meet requirements for regaining driving privileges. This includes cases involving:
- Failure to appear on violations, resulting in a revocation or suspension
- People who depend heavily on their driving record to make a living, including those in jobs requiring a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
J.D. is familiar with all of the major Piedmont North Carolina infractions and administrative courts, as well as the North Carolina laws and DMV guidelines associated with licensing. If you are a pilot or your case has other special considerations, we can provide counsel accordingly.
If you are facing a speeding ticket or other traffic violation in Forsyth, Guilford, Stokes, Surry, Davidson, Yadkin, Davie, Wilkes, or Randolph County, J.D. will provide honest, straightforward information about the consequences you face and your legal options. We have a bilingual staff to better serve our many Spanish-speaking clients. Contact us today if you have questions about traffic violations or working toward reinstatement of your license.