One key measure of a criminal defense lawyer’s experience level is whether that lawyer has tried cases in both state and federal courts. Since founding the Law Offices of J. Darren Byers, P.A., J.D. Byers has tried felony cases in courts across North Carolina.
If your freedom and future, or a loved one’s future well-being, is at stake due to serious criminal charges, please contact us today. Arranging a free initial consultation with Winston-Salem, North Carolina, attorney J.D. Byers may be the best step you can take under these stressful and frightening circumstances.
Proven felony criminal defense attorney J.D. Byers is well-equipped to assess any criminal case, with 20 years of experience defending people charged with:
- Felony assault, including assault with a deadly weapon (ADW) with intent to kill
- Robbery with a dangerous weapon
- Embezzlement, fraud and other white collar crimes
- Sex offenses
When you are facing any state or federal felony charges, major prison time is a very strong possibility. For convictions on felony drug offenses, as well as many other crimes, prison time is mandatory. The other life consequences of having a felony criminal record can be devastating.
Focused, Complete Investigation and Aggressive Defense for You
Strong felony criminal defense requires an attorney who does the leg work on investigation. When necessary, J.D. Byers personally visits the alleged crime scene in serious felony cases — and, on numerous occasions, this dedication has been instrumental in disproving witness testimony or the prosecution’s fundamental case.
When J.D. Byers agrees to take your case, you receive the benefit of an attorney who has demonstrated traits essential to felony criminal defense, including:
- Total commitment to obtaining a just, favorable outcome for each client — with a willingness to “breathe, eat and sleep” the trial
- Legal knowledge and courtroom savvy resulting in successful motions to suppress evidence.
- Winning dismissals of a range of felony charges, including first degree murder, and prevailing for the client in numerous jury trials and on appeal