Most people today are aware that our courts treat driving while impaired (DWI) as a serious offense. Still, anyone who drinks at all and drives can be susceptible to a DWI arrest. If this has happened to you, please contact our law office now.
Free Consultation With a Proven, Professional Defender
J.D. Byers is an experienced DWI and criminal defense attorney. Our entire staff offers empathy and respect to everyone we serve — ranging from students and manufacturing workers to doctors. If you communicate best in Spanish, our bilingual staff is here to help. In a free initial consultation, J.D. will explain likely consequences and provide basic analysis of your case.
As North Carolina DWI penalties have become stricter, laws and procedures have also become more complex. There are six different levels of DWI, ranging from a first offense with no “aggravating factors” to being charged as a habitual offender — which is a felony.
Exploring All Angles for Your Drunk Driving Defense
J.D. Byers is not the type of traffic violations lawyer who will simply plead you guilty and gain you nothing. He will:
- Look at all angles of possible DWI defense: Was your traffic stop legal? Was there a valid reason to arrest you? Were you truly impaired under the law?
- Work diligently to obtain the best possible outcome based on what is most important to you — even if acquittal is not possible
Knowing What Consequences You Face, and What You Can Protect If you are questioning whether you need a DWI lawyer, it is important to look at what you have to lose. You should not face the court proceedings alone, especially if you:
- Need to negotiate for any type of temporary or limited driving privilege
- Believe there may be any angle of defense, enabling us to protect against severe financial consequences, like your insurance rates more than tripling
- Are attempting to comply with requirements for retaining your pilot’s license, or want to do all you can to protect your rights and future employability
The Law Offices of J.D. Byers is a valuable resource for anyone needing proven DWI defense in the tri-city area or North Carolina counties including Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes, and Yadkin. Please call 336-727-1070 or send us an e-mail right away to arrange your free consultation.