Any North Carolina drug offense can be very serious. Many convictions carry mandatory prison sentences, and all — from misdemeanor marijuana or drug paraphernalia possession on up — can have a major impact on your future.
We have capably handled cases involving:
- Possession of controlled substances such as marijuana, methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine (powder, “crack” or “base”) and prescription drugs
- Intent to sell or distribute any illegal or unlawfully possessed drugs
- Charges involving cultivation of marijuana, or manufacture/possession of precursors for substances such as meth
- Federal drug conspiracy and trafficking charges
An Attorney Who Pursues Critical Details and Knows Proven Strategies
- Looking at every angle and building the best possible case in your defense
- Understanding your individual situation and priorities to counsel you toward sound decision making for your future
- Alternatives available to low-level, first-time offenders, including deferred prosecution and drug treatment programs
To cite just one example of experience making a difference, attorney J.D. Byers always insists state authorities document the exact weight of any drug evidence. Along with in-depth knowledge of search and seizure laws and other possible angles on your defense, this diligent, comprehensive approach can make the difference between prison time and probation or acquittal.
For resourceful, honest and aggressive representation in your drug offense case, please contact us today. We are flexible and responsive, have Spanish-speaking staff on hand, and treat all our clients with care and respect.